15 Wish-List Worthy Gifts for Pregnant Women: 2018 Pregnant Holiday Gift Guide
When you’re pregnant, you may receive the well-meaning but typical gifts: picture frames, baby pajamas and toys.
Since you’ve probably already received (or will receive) these gifts at your baby shower, consider adding some items to your wish list that you will enjoy during pregnancy.
Whether you’re looking for items to put on your wish list, baby registry… or even just something to give yourself (no shame!), we’ve got you covered.
#1 Compression Socks
If you’re dealing with leg and foot swelling or pain, ask for a pair of compression socks. These socks are designed to help blood circulation, thereby helping to reduce those problems. If you sit for long periods of time at work or are planning to travel soon, these are a must-have. If you wear open-toe shoes, you can also choose open-toe stockings instead.
- 7 Pairs Compression Socks for Women and Men for $23
- Physix Gear Compression Socks Men & Women (20-30 mmHg) for $18
- Open-Toe Maternity Compression Socks Stockings (15-21mmHg) for $18
#2 Belly Painting Kit
If you’re creative, ask for a belly painting kit! If you and your partner have some time off during the holidays, this can be a fun activity to do together. Remember to take photos to capture the memory and post on social media. The kit comes with non-toxic paint, stencils, stamps and glitter—everything you need to make your belly into a masterpiece.
#3 Pregnancy Pampering Set
Being pregnant can be hard and you deserve some relaxation! Consider adding some pregnancy-friendly pampering items to your wish list. Products may include stretch mark cream, moisturizing cream, candles, lip balms, bath salts and more.
- Bella B Pregnancy and Beyond 3-Piece Gift Set for $34
- Mom To Be Gift Basket by Beets & Apples for $30
- Earth Mama A Little Something For Mama-To-Be (Organic) for $38
#4 Mocktail Recipe Books
You might need this during the holiday season! While everyone’s drinking their fancy wines and cocktails, you don’t want to be stuck with something boring. Adding a mocktail recipe book to your wish list will give you endless ideas for when water and soda just aren’t enough.
- Momosas: Fun Alcohol-Free Drinks for Expecting Moms for $2
- Margarita Mama: Mocktails for Moms-to-Be for $12
- Preggatinis: Mixology for the Mom-to-Be for $15
#5 Belly Wedge or Belt
If you like curling up during the cold winter months, add a belly wedge to your wish list. These are designed to give your belly support so you can lay comfortably. If the gap between your hips and the mattress bothers you when you lay on your side, this is the solution. Pregnancy pillows are a good option too, but some people find them too bulky to sleep with.
#6 Memory Foam Seating Pad
Sometimes, it can feel like even sitting is uncomfortable. If you can relate, you may want to consider a memory foam seat cushion. They can relieve pressure off your tailbone and help minimize any lower back pain you’re experiencing. You can use it at home, at the office or when you’re traveling.
#7 Cozy Slippers
Slippers are a classic holiday gift and you may appreciate a good pair of slide-ons now more than ever. To increase your comfort, choose slippers that have memory foam and will fit even if your feet swell a bit.
- Women’s Cozy Memory Foam Slippers for $23
- HomeTop Women’s Cute Comfy Fuzzy Knitted Memory Foam Slip Ons for $20
- Molodo Womens Slipper, Memory Foam Fluffy Slip Ons for $19
- Women’s Sweater Knit Memory Foam Slipper with Indoor Outdoor Sole for $20
#8 Maternity Underwear
When it comes to maternity underwear, you may think that just simply buying a bigger pair will do the job. However, some women find that the bands are still tight and irritate their belly. If that’s the case, check out panties made specifically for pregnant women. They have a criss-cross front design that allows them to sit just under your belly. After you’ve given birth, they’ll also work as a regular low-rise panty.
- Intimate Portal Women Under the Bump Maternity Panties (Pack) for $15
- GIFTPOCKET Women’s Under Bump Maternity Panties (Pack) for $11
#9 Maternity Winter Jacket
If you’re pregnant in the winter, you may not have a choice but to spend the money on a maternity jacket. If it feels like a splurge, ask for it as a gift. Look for a jacket that has some give and take so that it can still fit if you lose or gain some weight. Some jackets also have a built-in pouch to carry your baby.
- Sweet Mommy Maternity Down Duffle Coat with Baby Wearing Pouch for $157
- Momo Maternity Marlo Hooded Toggle Down Parka Coat for $150
#10 Fetal Doppler
If you don’t have a fetal doppler yet, it should be at the top of your list. Fetal heartbeat monitors are handheld devices that you can use to hear your baby’s heartbeat while she’s inside the womb. Similar to an ultrasound, a probe glides over the belly using ultrasound gel to pick up the noise. You can hear the heartbeat through speakers or earphones, depending on which model you choose. Many mothers say that hearing the baby decreases their anxieties because they know she’s okay. It’s also a great gift to open up during the holidays since your family can bond with the baby together.
#11 Pregnancy Bell Necklace
This necklace—called a Mexican Bola—has soft bells and chimes inside it. Many people believe that the gentle noise calms the baby inside the womb. Some cords and chains can be adjusted so it sits just over your belly for your baby to hear. In case you’re wondering, your baby can hear starting around 18 weeks.
- Silver Tree of Life Cage with Silver Bola l Harmony Ball Necklace Kit for $30
- EUDORA Harmony Bola Perfume Pendant for $18
- Candyfancy Antique Silver Teardrop Harmony Music Ball Mexican Bola Locket for $15
#12 Nausea Wristband
These wristbands are said to help with nausea related to motion or morning sickness. It can safely be worn at any time to provide quick relief by using acupressure points. Some people say this drug-free option also gives them a sense of calm and motivation.
- Toulifly Travel Wristbands, Travel Motion Sickness Relief for $15
- Reliefband 1.5 for Motion & Morning Sickness for $95
- Sea-Band Wristband for Child, Morning & Travel Sickness for $14
#13 Shirt with Fun Pregnancy Sayings
There are so many options when it comes to fun pregnancy shirts. Whether you’re looking for something funny or sentimental, you’ll be sure to find a unique shirt to put on your wish list.
- “Can I Get Some Ice Cream in Here” for $16
- “Pregosaurus” Racerback Tank Top for $15
- “Bumps First Christmas” for $20
- “If You Didn’t Put it There, Don’t Touch” for $8
- “Santa Baby” for $16
- Mama Bear Design for $16
- Baby Feet Heart Design for $13
#14 Stylish Diaper Bag
Some bags have designer-like handles so that you can use it as a purse or backpack. Other bags look more like purses if you just intend to carry it around. There are more expensive diaper bags that go up to $150 and more, but there are so many cheap options that have hundreds of great reviews, so we think it’s an area you can save on. Whichever you choose to put on your wish list, make sure it has lots of room for baby supplies.
- HaloVa Diaper Bag Multi-Function Waterproof Travel Backpack for $36
- Soho Designs Grand Central Station 7 pieces Diaper Bag for $34
#15 Maternity & Nursing Pajamas
There are some clothes you can modify so they fit you during pregnancy—but why not splurge for the holidays on something comfortable you can relax at home in? We really love this maternity nightgown. It’s simple, stretchy and is easy to nurse in since it’s double-layered. If you like pajama pants more, you can go for this soft 3-piece set. The shirt is also double layered for easy breastfeeding.
- Hotouch Women’s Maternity Dress Nursing Nightgown
- Bearsland Maternity Women’s 3 Pieces Soft Nursing Pajamas Set
What’s on your holiday wish list this year? Tell us in the comments below! If you have any pregnant friends, be sure to share this post with them, too!
P.S. In case you haven’t seen our fetal dopplers yet, check them out here. This holiday season, gather your family around and allow them to hear your baby’s heartbeat through headphones or a speaker. We ship fast (sometimes within a couple of days, depending on location) so yours can arrive before the festivities begin!